Wednesday, October 6, 2010

It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown DVD

Every year when It's The Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown shows up, for me, I celebrate the start of the holiday season.

I have such fond memories of getting to stay up late in watch this show in my pajamas -- back in the days when televisions didn't have remote controls and were as big as a car -- and how sad I would be when it was over.

My kids won't have to suffer the same fate because of awesome DVDs like this one: It's The Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown finds the Peanuts gang outfitted in costumes, ready for trick or treating and crashing Violet’s Halloween party. Charlie Brown is in a ghost costume. Lucy dressed as a witch and Snoopy in a World War I flying ace costume. Linus decides to steadfastly hold vigil in the pumpkin patch as he awaits the Great Pumpkin.

There are so many reasons why you want to buy this DVD. You don't have to deal with fast forwarding, or worse yet, sitting through the commercials for all the stuff your kids want but don't need, the quality is outstanding, it's a DVD & Blu-Ray combo, so even if you don't have a Blu-Ray now, you will one day and you'll be so prepared. If that's not enough, this disc comes with a bonus TV special: You're Not Elected, Charlie Brown. This episode tells the story of Linus trying to become student body president. Things are going well, until he starts talking about the Great Pumpkin.

You know how there are some DVDs that your kids watch a couple of times and then never get touched again? This is not one of them.

Thanks to Warner Home Video for providing me a copy of this DVD for review and for sparing me all the commercials I won't have to watch this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment